IceWarm's Random Thoughts

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Test Drive Unlimited Xbox 360 Demo

So I just finished downloading playing the 360 demo of Test Drive Unlimited and I am not too impressed right now. This is of course only a demo and I'm sure the final version will be much better. First off the graphics do not look that great to me. The cars are not that detailed, the interior dashboard view is very simple and unattractive and the environments don't look that great either. Next the gameplay is pretty poor as well. I don't like the way the cars control one bit. The game used a drive around until you find something to do interface that I don't particularly care for. Also the voice you listen to in the demo that tells you where to go gets old after immediately. It is really annoying to me. The last thing I thought was really lame was the police system. When you hit a car a badge icon at the top of the screen flashes. Fill all of them up and you get a ticket. However you just magically get the ticket. You don't have to run from police or even see a police car or officer give you the ticket. That whole mechanic is just lame to me. If I’m going to get a ticket at least put in a police chase. Hopefully the game will be better before it is released.

1 Comments:

  • ur missing the main poin of this game i know for a fact that u didnt go online with the game because u got the police chase but when the servers are up there are hundreds of people driving about at once that u can challenge them to race or just chill with them and its a work in progress as the demo states

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home